Bringing a new baby into a family is one of life’s most exciting and joyous occasions. Here at Tuba City Regional Healthcare Corporation (TCRHCC), Our Nurses, Midwives and Physicians are dedicated to helping you during this beautiful time of your life with competent, family centered care throughout your stay with us.
Our Obstetrics (OB) Unit has 5 labor/delivery/recovery rooms, 3 private postpartum rooms, 2 semi-private postpartum rooms and a two bed level II nursery for stabilizing high-risk newborns and for special procedures. Call us 24 hours a day with your questions regarding your pregnancy to speak to a midwife or nurse. We also offer outpatient triage services for women who have concerns regarding their pregnancies.
What you can expect as part of your care at Tuba City Regional Healthcare Corporation during your delivery?
- As a Baby Friendly Designated Hospital, we adhere to the Ten Steps to Successful Breastfeeding. babyfriendlyusa.org
- A team of experienced and dedicated staff members including nurses, midwives, family medicine physicians, obstetricians, high-risk obstetricians
- A full range of labor support services to meet the individual patient needs that includes birthing ball, bed, walking and fetal monitoring, Hydrotherapy for comfort and non-medicinal pain control.
- Support for breastfeeding and bonding with immediate skin to skin contact with mother and baby.
- 24-hour anesthesia consults for pain control
- Support for family-centered delivery
- Immediate access to Level II nursery
- 5 labor-delivery rooms
- On unit surgery suite for Cesarean-sections
- Blood bank in the facility
- Dedicated ultrasound room for fetal and maternal diagnosis
- Midwife on unit 24 hours per day, 7 days a week.
- Lactation consultant on staff to assist with breastfeeding techniques and support.